To install, maintain or repair a heating appliance, the best is to contact a heating engineer. To avoid unpleasant surprises, discover with this article the rate applied by this craftsman.
The Hourly Rate of the Heating Engineer
The hourly rate of the heating engineer is between 30 and 60 €. In addition to that, the travel expenses can cost around 10 to 40 €. They can go well beyond in the case of emergency intervention, during the weekend, at night, or on holidays. Therefore, the hourly rate of the heating engineer can go from 45 to 80 €.
The Price of the Heating Engineer According to the Type of Operation
The heating engineer can apply a rate according to the type of work to be done.
- In the case of the installation of a boiler for example, it is necessary to plan between 300 and 400 €.
- For the installation of a radiator, the cost varies between 30 and 200 €, per device.
- The cost of installing a carbon monoxide or thermostatic radiator valve is around 80 € and 95 €.
- If you want to install a radio programmable, room thermostat, count about 280 €. However, if you plan to install and start a complete air conditioning system, you should expect to pay at least € 630.
- As for installing a gas central heating system with an option for hot water production, it costs around 8,000 to 10,000 €.
- To install a closed hearth fireplace, its price oscillates around 900 to 1 150 €.
- If it’s a question of installing heating or hot water production, the budget to plan for is between 4 000 and 4 900 €.
The maintenance of heating equipment is numerous. Each has its price depending on the complexity and duration of the work. For example, de-silting a radiator circuit costs an average of 410 €. The same operation carried out on a heating floor counts around 380 €. For a descaling of a storage tank or a chimney sweeping, on the other hand, it is necessary to envisage respectively 220 € and 80 €.
A heating engineer can also offer you an air conditioning or a pellet stove maintenance contract; each service costs 140 €. For a heat pump maintenance contract, it costs around 180 €. While for an oil boiler maintenance contract, it amounts to 170 €.
Repair or replacement
For a simple identification of the source of failure on a hot water tank, the heating engineer can charge you around 100 €. For a replacement of a horizontal water heater, it is around 650 €. When removing or emptying a water heater, it is necessary to plan between 100 and 150 €.
To replace a steatite resistance or a water heater thermostat, plan on around 200 € for the first operation and 140 € for the second task.
By calling on an RGE-certified heating engineer, you can benefit from several types of financial aid such as the zero rate eco-loan, the energy bonus, the reduced VAT at 5.5%, the CITE, and many others.