How Is Installation of Solar Panels Done?
– Where to install the solar panels? Ground, facade or roof: most often on the roof
– Solar panel: integrated or overlaid?
– Orientation and inclination: due south and 30° to the horizontal
– Whom should I contact for professional solar panel installation?
– How is the process of solar panel installation carried out?
The installation of a solar panel is the result of a compromise between:
– the need to maximise the yield of the solar panel
– the architectural constraints of your home
– aesthetic concerns.
Where to install the solar panels? Ground, facade or roof: most often on the roof
There are 4 possible places to install the solar panel:
– On the roof, the most popular solution:
◦ The solar panel does not reduce the living space.
◦ Remains relatively unobtrusive.
◦ Allows you to benefit from the natural slope of the roof over a large area.
– On the ground: in the garden or on the terrace, the solar panel requires a large available surface
– On the façade or gable:
◦ Default solution.
◦ It does not allow for optimal efficiency and can be unsightly.
– In awnings:
◦ The solar panel is tilted (30 to 50° with the façade) to better receive the sun’s rays.
◦ You can also integrate the solar panel into the house’s architecture: veranda, balcony or window canopy, for example.
Solar panel: integration or overlay?
The solar panel is mainly installed on the roof. There are 2 ways of doing this:
– Overlay: the solar panel is fixed over the roof.
– Integration: the solar panel replaces all or part of the roof.
If you plan to resell the electricity, you should know that preferential tariffs are calculated according to your type of installation and power.
In the case of integration, similar to a roof window, it is necessary to ensure that the system is well sealed. By avoiding “overlapping layers”, integration is more aesthetically pleasing and remains the preferred solution for new buildings or re-roofing.
The latest technological innovation: photovoltaic roof tiles and slates. The tiles or slates that cover the roof are photovoltaic solar panels. They are therefore perfectly integrated into the house.
Orientation and inclination: due south and 30° to the horizontal
The ideal solar panel faces due south with a 30° inclination to the horizontal.
Then there is the reality that you have to deal with the house’s architecture, the presence of projected shadows (trees, steeples, buildings opposite, etc.)
Therefore, tolerance is granted: the solar panel must be oriented between south-east and south-west, and the inclination is correct between 20 and 50° to the horizontal.
Note: if your installation aims to be self-sufficient, the solar panel must be oriented in such a way as to obtain a constant yield, summer and winter, regardless of the path of the sun.
Who should I contact for professional solar panel installation?
When installing solar panels, you aim to achieve a more energy-friendly, cost-efficient household, and Allstate Solar Energy can get you there. They will pick each panel brand and inverter to match your needs, budget and energy-saving goals.
How is the process of solar panel installation carried out?
– Site visit from an approved engineer to ensure the installation can be carried out
– Obtaining the relevant permits
– Ordering equipment from their distributors
– Approval from local authorities
– Solar panel installation
How did you find this post? Remember to share and comment below.
Read more here: