Living in this contemporary era that’s barely surviving the current pandemic, homeowners are constantly pouring their time and funds into remodeling their homes. And you know what? Bathroom heaters are now at the top of their list.
More like a modern art work than a supplemental heating device, bathroom heaters are the new home trends.
Why Consider Bathroom Heaters?
If you are wondering, “why should I even consider a bathroom heater in the first place?” then let me clear it for you.
Do you remember that feeling when you get up in the morning and end up cursing the freezing bathroom?
Or, when you step out of a nice hot shower only to land in a freaking cold bathroom?
I’m sure like the rest of us, you expect a certain level of warmth in your bathroom and the last thing you’d want is to shiver on a cold day during winter.
This is why today we’ve got bathroom heaters.
So, let’s explore the benefits of this new bathroom luxury:
- Bathroom heaters were originally designed to act as a source of heat without burning you. In a place where comfort and warmth are paramount, I think this gentle source of heat is welcomed.
- When a significant amount of moisture is accumulated in your bathroom, it will lead to a growth in mold and mildew, fogging mirrors and making floors slippery. But, a potion in the bathroom heaters can remove moisture from the air and transfer it outside through your home’s duct tube system. The same fan component will draw unpleasant odors out of your bathroom.
- Bathroom heaters do a great job at keeping fixtures and mirrors dry, making it easier and faster to clean the bathroom.
- Today, you even have some bathroom heaters that can consume far less energy to run.
- The most important question I know roaming in your mind is about the cost. Be stress-free as it’s not as expensive as you think to buy and run a bathroom heater.
- And, when it comes to the installation procedures, you’ll be shocked to find that installing a bathroom heater can be a simple DIY project that any novice handyman could handle. Of course, you can also call professionals for that.
- What I like the most about bathroom heaters is their ability to create a spa-like atmosphere.
So, What Factors to Consider Before Buying a Bathroom Heater?
1. Space and Size
When it comes to selecting the right bathroom heater, considering the layout of your space is the most important step to take.
For instance, an average bathroom can be around 40 square feet while a large master bathroom can go up to 150 square feet or more. You see, selecting a too-small bathroom heater for that master bathroom will be too underpowered to warm up that space and you will never reach the warm temperatures you are looking for.
Don’t we all look for investments that can last for a very long period of time?
Generally speaking, the lifespan of a bathroom heater is found between the ranges of 10 to 20 years, highly depending on the usage.
For all I know, a true bathroom is one that is made up of strong and durable materials such as metal. These types of models with few moving parts usually boast of a longer lifespan.
And, don’t go assuming that durable means expensive.
You’d like your bathroom heater to run at peak efficiency and don’t want it to end up in any unexpected breakdowns. But, noise is not a problem.
You’ll see that bathroom heaters emit noise – which is quite normal – but the noise levels significantly vary with the different bathroom heaters available today.
While normal ones can be range from 60 to 70 decibels, portable ones are quieter with 30 to 40 decibels.
No doubt, that’s the most important factor to consider.
When you are looking through the different options, look out for safety features like an auto shut-off, tip-over protection and a cool-touch exterior.
These safety mechanisms will help to prevent any accidents that may be caused, especially when you have children and pets.
So, how close are you to finally giving that bathroom heater a chance?